- This event has passed.
Qualitative Methods and Evaluation Workshops for Police Officers
12th January 2017 @ 9:30 am - 13th January 2017 @ 4:30 pmFree
This event consists of two workshops on qualitative methods training and forms of evaluation for police officers and staff who wish to engage in their own research and/or evaluation projects.
Examples of sessions include:
- Types of research and evidence-based policing;
- Designing a research question;
- Qualitative interviewing, focus groups and applied observation;
- Conversation analysis for police officers: interviewing of suspects;
- Forms of evaluation: process, impact and economic;
- Practical activities including designing a research project and feedback.
The workshops are hosted jointly by the EMPAC Victims, Witnesses & Public Protection Network, the Advanced Research Methods Institute (ARMI), and the Centre for Child and Family Research (CCFR) at Loughborough University.
There are only limited spaces available at this event which will initially be offered to police officers and staff at EMPAC forces. If you are interested in attending or finding out more please email Dr Alex Black A.C.Black@lboro.ac.uk